Monday, April 9, 2012

I finally found the strike zone...



The boys of summer at Udall Park

Hobbling around with an injured right heel, I decided to take the mound today instead of my usual spot at third base in a Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) baseball game. And,  for the first time in a long while I found the strike zone,  as I struck out four, walked three and allowed just one run in a 3-1 win.

I allowed six scattered hits en route to my first pitching win of the year. My right arm got stronger as each inning went by. One of these days I'd like to take the field without any injuries, but at 66, I guess it all comes with the territory. With four more games scheduled for the week -- one tomorrow with the 60-and-over Aces, one on Thursday with the 38-and-over Blackbirds and TOTS' games on Wednesday and Friday, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what I feel like when I get up each morning. Hats off to my catcher today, 63-year-old  Bob Dialege, who caught my offerings superbly for seven innings.

No comments:

Post a Comment