Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Aces edge Rattlers at Udall Park



60-and-over baseball

The 60-and-over Aces came up with three runs in the bottom of the 7th inning today at Tucson Udall Park and edged the Arizona Rattlers, 11-10.   Dennis Crowley doubled  down the third-base line with the bases loaded to plate two runs to even the score  and Bob Daliege  followed with the game winner when he singled to left center to score Crowley. Reliever Ted Davis, the Aces fourth pitcher of the day, hurled the last two innings and picked up the victory, while the Rattlers' reliever Tom Barrow was saddled with the loss. Davis battled back from bases-loaded jams in both the top of the 6th and the top of the 7th inning to pick up the win. Once again, the Aces jumped out to a 5-0 lead in the early innings, but the Ratters battled back and held the lead 10-8 going into the 7th and final inning. The Aces have now won two of their last  three games from their crosstown rivals.

Price watch: As for me, I went 3 for 4 today, drove in a couple of runs and scored twice. Although, each time I reached base I needed a runner, as I continue to nurse the heel injury. I played well on the field, handling my first five chances, but I did bobble a ball in the top of the 7th inning, which allowed the Ratters to eventually score twice and take the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment