Saturday, November 20, 2010

Vance, have you heard the news?



I haven't been able to get away this year and travel to Colorado and the small town of Parachute, where my son lives. I've mentioned before on a previous post, that my son not only resides there, but former Wildcats' great and Denver Broncos' wide-receiver Vance Johnson owns a watering hole and eating establishment (Outlaw Ribbs) in the little burg, which is located between Grand Junction and Rifle.

Travelers take the one exit from time to time, off of Interstate 70, and chow down at Vance's place and also venture into the back room -- the bar that is, and check out all the Wildcats' and Broncos' memorabilia that adorns the walls. And if they're lucky Vance might be around to conjure up a football story, or two.

News travels fast in the world of sports, so I figure Mr. Johnson has already heard the news that his nephew, CDO's Ka'Deem Carey, rushed for 177 yards and two touchdowns in the Dorados' 28-9 4A-quarterfinal win last night over Glendale Apollo. Johnson may want to pack a suitcase, jump into his sports car (I've seen it, it's kinda cool) and head for Tucson next week. Carey and the Dorados take on Cienega in the prep semifinals at Tucson High School (Friday, 7 p.m.).

If not, I'll tell him all about it the next time I visit my son. I doubt it'll be this winter, though. It's snowing up there and downright cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment