Friday, October 15, 2021

The great grandson for all seasons -- On the Way Out series: Vol. 4, Part 1

A Great Grandson Story

Photos by Amelia Price

On the Way Out series...Vol. 4, Part 1 -- by Dan Price










My great grandson Fallon may be the most photogenic human being...well in the life of all human beings. Yes, this is Grandpa Dan talking. We seniors all have similar stories to tell about our life experiences and, of course, we all are a little biased when we discuss our bloodlines and the offspring we created...the offspring that our sons and daughters have created... all, I may add, in record time.

Suddenly, we begin to use the arithmetic we learned in grade school (and I'm not talking calculus, here) to calculate the years left in our life with the young lives of our grandchildren and for many of my readers -- great-grandchildren and even great, great-grandchildren.

It's life lesson 101...and I'm currently in class and suddenly the teacher has my attention and I'm now sitting in the front row.

My grandson, Daniel, and his wife Amelia are off and running with my Great Grandson, Fallon. His immediate future around the first curve...his path forward filled with wonderment...a life ahead of him filled with all the colors of autumn, fall, winter, spring, and summer.

Remember, all you old-timers out there, we did well. Our ups and downs notwithstanding, our failures and our successes, have led us to this moment in time. The road ahead for us has now turned into a yellow brick road. The sounds of young children on both sides of the road are cheering, playing...enjoying the beginning of their lives.

The way it should be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment