Sunday, October 3, 2021

Jamie Foster's Celebration of Life



 Jamie Foster's celebration of life was wonderful yesterday at Pantano Baptist Church. 

Made it through my little speech with minor flubs. The rest of the day wandered around meeting friends I hadn't seen in a long time. Talked to former Arizona basketball greats Albert Johnson, Warren Rustand and Jamie's brother Mickey Foster and my buddy from what seemed like a past life Gary Haag, the good looking brother-in-law (as he puts it, jokingly) in the Foster family. My Catalina High classmates from 1963, Walt Moody and George Cunningham, were also in the audience...and countless Arizona Wildcat fans. Unfortunately, I'm back in the boot this morning with pain back in my left foot. Still got some work to do in that department.

Photo: The last time I would see my friend Jamie Foster was in November of 2019 with his wife Freddy. Jamie passed away in February of 2020.  Due to the coronavirus it took 20 months before we (his family, his friends and many Arizona Wildcat fans) could meet and say their final goodbyes to "the big bear."


No comments:

Post a Comment