Sunday, October 31, 2021

My New Corridor

 On the Way Out Series...my new footprints in time

Vol. 4

Part 10



I will close out this volume of my writings by adding a subtitle to my series, a more uplifting approach:

My new footprints in time.

I have a new corridor to roam.

It's an old corridor. I just haven't been down the road in a while. It stretches east from Grand Junction, Colorado to Rifle and curls into Glenwood Springs.

My new corridor also ventures west for a bit...into Utah and has a slight hook in it and ends in Moab for a grand total of two hundred miles.

This, my senior citizen friends, is my new footprints in time from the Arches National Park on one end to the beautiful little town of Glenwood Springs on the other with a must-see soothing journey in between.



Halfway in between is my new residence of Parachute, Colorado. Below is what my new mornings are like, sitting in the den or in my little inglenook, if you will. I do stretch my descriptions now and then. A large glass window is in front of me, allowing me to witness what you see below as the sun rises...a mist is in the air...the brisk cold air hitting me in the face as I slowly move into the screened-in bonus room and watch the youngling, cautiously return to the forest. Let me take a breath. I'm a half a cup of coffee down and a new day is about to begin.


Back in 1966, I was a resident on the west end of my corridor in Moab, sent there as an employee of a regional airline, which just happened to make three pit stops a day, so to speak. Each one an eight-minute stop...an eight minute...get those legs a movin' -- get the job done, get the people off...on...and quickly the aircraft, a CV-580 twin-engine aircraft, is back in the air, heading west to Salt Lake or east to Grand Junction and Denver, flying right over my corridor.

I was 21. I had a lot on my mind as a young man. I was just starting out and learning a new job. Heck, a had barely learned how to drive a car, much less deal with airplanes. In fact, here I am 55 years later and I see things so differently now. I now sit back and enjoy the beauty of the land...the wildlife...the sunrises and the sunsets.

I can say for sure my mind was cluttered back then. Build a future, improve your lot in life...join the rat race and journey on forward to unknown places...to new adventures.

Did I ever take a real deep breath along the way? Did I let that corridor I was on...that path I was traveling down, ever speak to me?

Well, I do now and my new corridor is ringing out loud and clear. This is my new footprints in time.

My new journey awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment