Thursday, November 18, 2021

Who is that man?

On the Way Out series

Vol. 5

Part 10


Well, Mr. Deer. Why don't you mosey over to what is left of the rose bushes and stay awhile. We will communicate somehow. My story might make those broken antlers on your head start to itch and you'll soon have to find a tree, down below in the thick brush, to scratch away the sudden annoyance.

I would rather hear of your travels this morning. What do you see at first light? Do you have a favorite watering hole? Are you constantly on the run this time of year, or do you have a safe haven to go to, along with your friends?

I've been told if I venture on a country road to the south of me and then veer west aways, I may run into some of your friends. But not the big fellas, the elk, as they intend to stay high in the timber and find a brushy cover during the night. 

Your friends though search for patches of food in the meadows at twilight and by the luck of the draw I might catch some of them…such beauty on four hooves -- only God could create.

I know they are out there. The hunters know where you are. Not the best time of year to be checking out rose bushes.

 There's no need to worry about me. I'm a city boy and I carry a camera not a weapon. I admire the adventurous men and women who hunt and do it the right way. A hunting trip from start to finish takes stamina, a knowledge of the wilderness, strength and mental toughness.

At my age I sit back and take in the beauty of it all.

I'm happy to watch the Colorado sun rise over the mountains and enjoy another misty morning, along my new corridor on the Western Slope.

Stay safe, Mr. Deer. Maybe we will meet again.


Good morning, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment