Saturday, April 11, 2020

The TOTS' second sackers


Tucson Old Timers (TOTS)

60-and-over baseball

The second sackers

The Corona Games


Pigpen Price has found his next home at second base. Price, 74, wears jersey #22 and joined the TOTS way back in April/2008 -- just three months after a quadruple heart attack. If you haven't guessed it already, I'm the club historian and an "aging" second baseman now.

"Next, they will give me a shot at first base, and when I hit my 80s they'll put me out to pasture in right field and I'll have to take a class on how to catch a towering fly ball. I could lose my mind out there. Some of my teammates said I already have."



Jesse Ochoa is breathing down my neck at second base. He is still a young man. He played at Pueblo High School, back in the day. I, of course, went to Catalina High School. Jesse has a good glove and he's a good buddy. He wears jersey #64 and he's been a member of the TOTS since 2012. Jesse is 68, just a youngster.



Billy Heiny, 90, plays a mean second base. Billy is the second oldest player in our organization and keeps on ticking, just like the energizer bunny. Billy wears jersey #70 and is from Terre Haute, Indiana. Heiny joined the organization in 1997.


and Phil Gordon, who plays second base and outfield for the TOTS. Phil hails for the Chicago area and he's another youngster. Phil is 66 years old and when he bats, he loves to pull the ball down the third baseline.


No comments:

Post a Comment