Monday, April 20, 2020

Members of my family are not avid readers



From the desk of Dan Price




To say I'm a struggling writer may be an understatement.

In fact, over the years I've written five books. Once in a while I'll see one on a shelf at the local library, the book just setting there... all alone gathering dust.

In fact, there's not one person in my family I could label as a bookaholic or in other words: a lover of books or an avid reader.

It's the sign of the times. My family is busy, making little Prices  (as in seven grandkids...make it nine if you add some extended family to the equation).

Of course, I write more as I hobby to keep myself from going completely out of my mind. Ever since my high schools days, my mind has been cluttered with ideas to write about. It's actually a curse. Many sleepless nights occur as I wake up at midnight with thoughts in my head that have to be put in print...quickly punched into my trusty old laptop, which is 10 years old and starting to crash once or twice a week.

With this coronavirus going on, I have even more time to peck away...even more time to drive myself crazy.

I've put my books on my sports blog for the world to see for free or you can buy one for $2.99 and the book will instantly show up on your Amazon Kindle device. I have my sports blog (now 12 years old with 4,000 short clips and stories) and three Facebook pages for goodness sakes. It's endless and at 74 years of age, everything I write is basically free.

(For all my readers: My books are selling, so no more freebies for a while. The five went poof on my blog as of today: 05/09/2020. I hope you enjoyed a peek at my books. Now, please help this writer and hit "buy" on my books on Amazon. A month has gone by since I formatted my books for free on my blog, due to this ugly coronavirus. Now it's time to go back to work).

Yes, I made a living as a sports writer for a few years back in the 1990s, but as I said before it's just a great old hobby now. To be honest, I'm glad I'm still ticking...still writing, especially right now with the world in complete chaos and I'm hold up in a 1,300 square feet dwelling.

I figure the odds are 50-50 that I will pick up the virus sooner or later. So, in case I'm gone you can still go to Amazon, or my blog, or my Facebook page and read to your heart's content.

I'm talking mostly about my family, that is. Most of my avid readers are my age, or older, and everyday we have to sit still and watch on television as the news people keep calling us vulnerable adults.

Well, thats it for now. I've had too much coffee...and it's time for our president...maybe our governor...or maybe a scientist from China...or maybe...well you get the idea, to speak some words of wisdom and encouragement.

Pigpen Price is signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment