Sunday, April 5, 2020

Stay at home order...far from a Home Alone movie


From the desk of Pigpen Price

The quarantine continues...

It's been three weeks since we have made ourselves semi-hidden from the world. In the last 24 days, I have averaged 23 hours a day at home and one hour out in the fresh air. I may be fibbing a bit, I have biked, walked and drove through the neighborhood, my longest outing an eight-mile walk along the beautiful trail at the Saguaro National Park -- all six feet apart, of course, and an occasional wave to a passerby.

The other day we had a pleasant outing at Aqua Caliente Park. See photos below:





Stopped at the Dairy Queen on the way back into town. Went through the drive-thru, ordered a hot fudge sundae and hustled home.

At home, I cleaned out my desk...something I've been meaning to do for six months. I have watched all the John Wayne movies, all of the Kirk Douglas films...some with George Montgomery and Joel McCrea and Robert Taylor, too.

Tomorrow is Monday, April 6, and we continue to shelter in place, except for a bi-weekly run to the grocery store or the pharmacy.

Back in 1980 the actor Macaulay Culkin was a busy little devil in Home Alone. Not a lot of action around my house...nothing like Kevin, a rambunctious eight-year-old who gave intruders Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern fits.

My goodness, Culkin turns 40 in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment