Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My fantasy team takes a hit





Tampa Bay third baseman Evan Longoria is my main man on my Weekend Baseball League (WBL) fantasy team. Longoria has been the most productive player on my fantasy squad with four home runs, 19 RBI and a healthy .329 batting average during the month of April. He'll be on the DL for all of May and maybe into June as he nurses a hamstring tear and I'll be hard pressed to find a player to fill his shoes.

I do have Atlanta's Chipper Jones on my roster and will have to count on the Braves' third sacker to carry the load at that position for the next few weeks. Oh well, the life of a fantasy baseball owner. I'm already struggling to stay out of the cellar in my fantasy league as I continue to get very little production out of my other position players. And my pitching, well I've taken in on the chin there as well. The leader of my pitching staff, the Phillies' Roy Halladay, has lost two in a row. That's enough complaining, let's see what happens next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment