Tuesday, May 8, 2012

60-and-over Aces top Rattlers

Super Senior Baseball


The 60-and-over Aces banged out 22 hits and scored in every inning today at Mission Manor Park en route to 19-14 win over the Arizona Rattlers. The Aces jumped out to a 10-2 lead after three innings and cruised to a super-senior victory over the Rattlers as every player in the lineup hit safely. Right-hander Tom Barrow was saddled with the loss, while Doc Thompson pitched the first three innings for the Aces and  Arnie White came on in relief and pitched the final  four innings.  Dennis Crowley and Ted Davis combined for eight of the Aces 22  hits, while Lloyd Barzell, Jerry Hamelin, Pete Cerenzia, Pete Peters, Billy Heiny, Thompson, White and yours truly contributed to the onslaught. Aces' manager Floyd Lance was pleased with the effort. "I think that's the most runs we've ever scored off those guys," Lance said. The Rattlers used three pitchers to try to cool off the Aces  --  including knuckleballer Tino Naverez, who relieved Barrow in the third inning, but the visiting Aces kept on rolling and has now won three of the last four games over their crosstown rivals.

Game note: I went 2 for 5 today, but for the second time in the last three weeks, I broke one of my wooden bats. All of my teammates used aluminium today ( with the exception of Jerry Hamelin, who always uses a wood bat). I should have left my Louisville Slugger in my bat bag today. Tom Barrow, the Rattlers' starter, said after the game that he threw me his best slider of the day and heard the bat crack. I tried to get Tom to throw in a couple of bucks, but he wouldn't bite. Oh well, it's back to Sports Authority for another Louisville Slugger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment