Sunday, May 13, 2012

Journey thru the MABL/MSBL

My goal this year may simply be unattainable. In honor of the 25th year of the Mens Adult Baseball League (MABL) Mens Senior Baseball League (MSBL), I will attempt to play in the 60-and-over division, the 65-and-over division and even the 70-and-over division at the organization's annual World Series, which will be be held in Phoenix, beginning on October 15. I have been granted a waiver to play in the over 70s and will play for the Arizona Scorpions. According to the Scorpions manager Dohrman Sinclair, the team has been awarded three waivers for players under the age of  70, with the only restriction being the player may not pitch in the playoffs, which will take place after all the teams have played five qualifying games. The trick is to stay healthy through out the process. The first leg of my journey is already unfolding as I have played six weeks in the local Tucson Mens Senior Baseball League (TMSBL) with the Mountain Blackbirds, a 38-and-over team. I will need to stay injury free the next three months in the local wood-bat league as 12 games still remain to be played on Thursday  nights at Reid Park. If I survive the summer in the Tucson MSBL, I should be ready for the MSBL World Series in October. In order to complete my goal in the World Series, I would need to play possible 24 or 25 games during that  three-week span. Am I crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment