Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Pitchers!




Okay, I can't resist. See my previous post about the 2011 Arizona Diamondbacks. Let's throw out the names: J.J. Putz...our closer, and the starters...the probable starters, I must add: J. Saunders, D. Hudson, I. Kennedy, B. Enright, A. Galarraga and A. Heilman.

That's enough for now. So, let's pull back the curtain to the 2011 MLB season and head (surprisingly, how many times does the D'backs play these guys this year?) for Denver and opening day Friday afternoon with the Colorado Rockies.

My prediction: Kennedy gets the nod, throws a shutout for eight innings, and gives the ball up in the ninth to one of our many relievers in the bullpen. Kennedy walks off the mound with a 4-0 lead and the Diamondbacks' reliever (I'll leave that prediction alone) comes in and allow three runs. Mr. Drew makes a game-saving, diving catch with the bases loaded and the Arizona Diamondbacks win their opener, 4-3.

Wow! I have had way too much coffee this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment