Saturday, March 26, 2011

Could it be a hip pointer?




My goodness, I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things on the baseball diamond, after a six-week layoff from the sport due to family matters, and what happens four games into my return? I try to out run the third baseman and stay clear of a force out, slip, fall, bang up my knees, but more importantly, it looks like I now have the symptoms of a hip pointer.

I hope it is just a muscle strain and it goes away in a couple of days. People in the know about such things say a hip pointer injury is a deep bruise caused by impact or trauma to your hip, or technically to the Iliac Crest of your pelvis. Hip pointer pain can be intense, because the hip is so close to the surface of the body. Not a good time for this! I still have the family matters to contend with and I have 35 middle school girls ready for their first official softball practice on Monday. The person that told me once, that life in the mid sixties was going to be easy, must have been kidding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment