Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back on DL...again


I did it again!

Back on the DL, the disabled list...no more baseball for three months! A year and half ago I was taken down by a big fella in a play at third base, during the 2009 Mens Senior League Baseball (MSBL) World Series in Phoenix. The result some nerve damage to my right side. I recovered, bounced back and played in the 2010 MSBL World Series and have played regularly, for the most part, at Tucson Udall Park on the Tucson Oldtimers (TOTS) baseball club the past 18 months.

But another fall, this time trying to avoid a tag at third base at a TOTS game last week, has put me out of action. I now have a cane in my right hand, instead of a bat. Frustrating, is the word that comes to mind. I'll miss the game...and the guys at Udall Park.

Sometimes...you just can't risk it (it, as in playing baseball). And sometimes, you have just too much on your plate (play on words, there) like handling life away from the baseball diamond to take a chance on putting on a ball uniform and running from first to third.

They call third base a hot spot, it is more like a construction zone for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment