Wednesday, February 8, 2023

I'm back with my middle-of-the-night gibberish

 From the desk of Dan Price


Pigpen is back on his laptop...




I was asked recently what it is like being an old man with a young soul?
All I can say is, Watch me!
It's like having dual personalities. You are a joke to many and admired by others. Inside my head, I live in the 1960s but walk around in real life pushing 80 in the 21st century.
I walk down a country road and recall a distant way of life. I hear an echo in the forest. A Conway Twitty tune, 'Li'll Darlin, roars inside my crazy brain. I dance the jitterbug and do the stroll. The great baseball pitcher Satchel Page once said: 'Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.'

I entered through an open door at my new health club the other day into a Zumba class. Surprisingly I made it through the entire hour without stopping. It kicked my butt. But you know what? I'm gonna try it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment