Sunday, February 5, 2023

Alma Pipes -- a talented cartoonist with cancer on a mission to help others

Story From Dan Price at the Mall in Sierra Vista...



Alma Pipes is a brave young woman.

She is battling brain tumors yet on a mission to help others.


At 11, Alma was having headaches, checked into the hospital, and a brain tumor was diagnosed. "The tumor was as big as a plum," Pipes said.

The young lady, a Sierra Vista resident who now has her own apartment and a cat named Burrito, is a survivor now of not one but two more tumors yet finds a way to help others with her unique artistic ability to recreate her thoughts through print -- a cartoon book called The Hive, Buzz of New York (see the cover below).

In short, Alma (photo left with a beautiful smile) creates a unique group of heroes in her comics, each with unique challenges and disabilities.

The main character is Emmy, who suffers from reoccurring brain tumors, and she eventually becomes a superhero and finds a way out of her darkness and into the light.

Emmy, I mean, Alma and I talked at length. She is undoubtedly becoming a businesswoman. I had a few bucks in my pocket. I bought the book. I said goodbye and walked away.

And suddenly, my problems disappeared.

Thank you, Alma Pipes.

The Cover of The Hive, Buzz of New York, Book One

And Emmy, the superhero below.












No comments:

Post a Comment