Saturday, February 4, 2023

Cochise Health & Racquet Club - the gem of gyms in Sierra Vista

From the desk of Dan Price

Chillin' in Cochise County



From a senior perspective, I have found the gem of gyms in downtown Sierra Vista, Arizona.

I'm the newest Cochise Health and Racquet Club member of the 41-year-old establishment, located just east of the city's center, off Hwy 92.

I assumed I would soon discover that I'd be one of the club's oldest members, which opened way back in 1982 and has expanded to a spacious 30,000-square-foot facility over the years. 

The Manager of Club Operations, Lynne Mullaney, who has been with the club for 32 of those 41 years, says I'm far from being the oldest.

Above is the photo of the oldest member, 99-year-old World War II veteran Jerry Consiglio.

"Jerry will turn 100 years old in July and works out three days a week at the club," Mullaney added. "Our youngest member is seven years old and has to be accompanied by a parent."

As for Consiglio, well, he has the run of the place.

The real good news is: I feel at home there. That's a start!


CRC is a pleasant place to work on mind and soul...



 




No comments:

Post a Comment