Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dealing with Arthritis...




How does a 66-year-old baseball player continue to play ball with arthritis in both thumb joints?

Combine the above with pain in the heel of the right foot, and, after reading this, your advice would be: retire! Well, I can't do that, or I won't for the next two months anyway. This Wednesday, our old timers team, the TOTS, play in an exhibition game at Kino Stadium, prior to the Triple-A contest between the Tucson Padres and the Reno Aces.

Add to that, the Men's Senior Baseball League (MSBL) World Series in Phoenix is scheduled for late October. I'm already on the roster to play for the Tucson Golden Aces, a 65-and-over team, which will take on teams from as far south as St. Thomas and as far north as Canada. My answer is to battle through the pain, play third base, give it my all and then see a doctor in November.

Let's play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment