Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pac-10 teams 0 for 2 in bowls...



It is not looking good for the Pac-10 as far as the holiday football bowls are concerned.

I expected the conference teams to make a statement early with wins at both the Las Vegas Bowl and the Poinsettia Bowl. Boy, was I wrong. Oregon State and California, two teams that gave the Wildcats fits during the regular season, failed to get the job done as the Beavers fell to BYU, 44-20, and the Bears were stung by the Utah Utes, 37-27. Eight-one points scored against the two Pac-10 schools.

As for me, there is a reason why I don't throw money down in all those office pools out there. I checked my picks last night and thank goodness I didn't hand over cash to my bookie (just kiddin'...I don't have one). I'd be 0-5 right now. I picked Florida State in the New Mexico Bowl, Central Florida in the St. Petersburg Bowl and Southern Mississippi in the New Orleans Bowl. Of course, Wyoming, Rutgers and Middle Tennessee were the three victors in those bowls. At this point, I want to get one right. I hope it'll be my Arizona Wildcats in the Holiday Bowl next Wednesday. I'll settle for one out of 34.

What have I got to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment