Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Arizona outclassed and out coached at Holiday Bowl...



In the Stands Report by Bookemdano: I have to admit I wasn't in the stands for this one. I didn't motor over to San Diego to watch the Wildcats take on Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl. It's just as well.

I did have a few buddies make the trip and I know they're heading home this evening disappointed, to say the least. Maybe the word I should have used in the last sentence was devastated. It was a miserable showing by the Wildcats. They were outclassed and out coached. Nebraska won 33-0.

It was as if every Nebraska player had memorized Arizona's playbook. The Cornhuskers did everything right and the Wildcats did everything wrong. I suppose I should thank ESPN for televising the exciting conclusion of the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, Idaho, before they decided to make the switch to San Diego and the Holiday Bowl. At least I missed the first Cornhuskers' touchdown. So, in reality, I only had to absorb another 26 unanswered points and another 58 minutes of domination by Nebraska over the Wildcats.

No running game and no passing game. It seemed like the Cornhuskers' secondary knew what was coming on every passing play. What did we have...a shade over 100 yards of total offense, with most of it coming on a fourth-quarter drive that went nowhere? I must say, the Arizona Wildcats deserve a pat on the back for their outstanding regular season, eight wins, four losses, a second place finish in the Pac-10, and a bid to the Holiday Bowl.

Unfortunately, the Wildcats failed to show up in San Diego. It'll be a long ride home for my buddies and a quiet flight home for Coach Stoops and the Wildcats.

No comments:

Post a Comment