Friday, November 11, 2016

Allen lay-in gives Arizona a heart-stopping win over Michigan State


Arizona Wildcats Basketball

Armed Forces Classic


Kadeem Allen dribbled the length of the court and scored on a lay-in with 1.3 seconds left in the game to give 10th-ranked Arizona a heart-stopping 65-63 win over 12th-ranked Michigan State tonight at the Stan Sheriff Center in Honolulu, Hawaii.

I'm a diehard Arizona Wildcat fan and I'm not sure my heart can handle another basketball season. We're just one official game into the 2016-17 season.  I've already run the gambit in emotions -- from the sadness I felt when the Wildcats fell behind 17-2 against the Spartans to the final moments when Allen banked in the game winning shot to give Arizona a victory at the Armed Forces Classic.

All I can say is, "take a deep breath Arizona fans and prepare for Game 2 on Tuesday night at McKale Center against Cal State-Bakersfield."

When all was said and done, freshman Kobi Simmons came off the bench to pour in 18 points, while another freshman, Lauri Markkanen, tossed in 13 points to lead the Wildcats to their first non-conference win of the season. Add to that, another 10 points from Allen, who hit just 3 of 11 from the field, but more importantly, took the team on his shoulders and banked the final shot to make me a happy camper.

Coach Sean Miller has a lot of work to do to mold this young unit of Wildcats into a contender for a Pac-12 title and another visit to the NCAA Tournament. My goodness, this is November 11, 2016.

Go, Wildcats!


No comments:

Post a Comment