Monday, November 24, 2014

Team Priceless loses first-round bye in fantasy playoffs


UPC Hood Fantasy Football League

Team Priceless


Team Priceless lost again this week and drops all the way to a third seed for the playoffs of the 14-team UPC Hood Fantasy Football League.

Team Priceless (9-3) holds on to a two-game lead in Division 2 with just one week of action left before the playoffs begin in Week 14. Blitz and Lazar Kats, both with 9-3 records, are tied for top honors in Division 1. Team Priceless is third in overall points scored, which is the all-important tiebreaker.

After the conclusion of next week's action, six teams will qualify for the playoffs and the two teams with the best record (including the tiebreaker if necessary) will earn a bye in the quarterfinals. The three-seed will tangle with the sixth seed, while the fourth-seed with lock horns with the fifth seed. The two winners will move on to the semi-finals, the following week.

Last year, my Team Priceless reached the championship game, but lost in the title game and finished runner up. This year I hope to win it all, but it will not be easy as I will face the playoffs without a quality running back. I drafted Adrian Petersen, but lost him early on and somehow I've compiled a 9-3 record using Steve Jackson of Atlanta. Luckily, I've had the luxury of having Andrew Luck (QB-Indy) and wide receiver Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh) in my starting lineup. Two of my losses this season have occurred on a bye week without Luck and on another bye week without Brown.

I"ll have both Luck and Brown the rest of the way. That's a plus. The trick is to find some fantasy points down the stretch from the rest of my lineup, which includes kicker Dan Bailey (Dallas), receiver Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin, along with tight end Vernon Davis -- all three from the San Francisco 49ers. My defense, the New England Patriots, is kind of shaky.

It should be interesting the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment