Saturday, March 8, 2014

Arizona finishes regular season 28-3


Arizona Wildcats Basketball


The Arizona Wildcats lose in Eugene today to the Oregon Ducks, 64-57.

Some will say the Ducks wanted it more, but I've watched my Wildcats all season long and they never give up…the 'Cats wanted to win their final regular-season game of the year just as much as Oregon did.

Oregon made the three-pointers and Arizona didn't, simple as that. Tough court, physical game and just maybe Arizona ran out of gas in the second half and lost to a very good team on THEIR home court.

Despite the loss, Arizona, ranked third in the nation, finishes 28-3 and own the Pac-12 Conference title. I like their position and they earned it. Three losses. All of them away from home and in all three games against  California, Arizona State and now the Ducks -- the home team had to fight tooth and nail to beat the Wildcats.

Despite the loss, Arizona should receive a top seed in the NCAA Tournament and will face a 16th seed in the first round. Yes, I like their position.

Would I like to see the Wildcats win next week's Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas? Sure I would. But if they fall in the quarterfinals or in the semifinals, I still like their position.

I love my Wildcats and I'm ready for March Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment