Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's an Arizona Wildcat basketball fan supposed to do in March?



In the Stands Report by Bookemdano: What the heck is an Arizona Wildcat fan supposed to do in March without its basketball team to cheer on at the dance?

The streak is all but done, especially after the Wildcats' lopsided loss at California tonight. The 95-71 loss to the Golden Bears leaves the Wildcats with a dismal 13-14 overall record with three Pac-10 games remaining -- which in all likelihood means no NCAA tourney and probably no NIT tourney as well.

Just one slim hope still dangling -- win the Pac-10 tournament and shock the college basketball world with an automatic bid to the big dance. As for me (and I'm not the only one), it has been a quarter of a century that I have sat in front of a TV and watched my beloved 'Cats participate in the NCAA tourney.

So, what do I do?

Buy up some spring training tickets, I guess. That would be a good idea, considering this will be the final dance for that event as well. Go fishing. Go hunting. No! Chances are, I'll end up on my sofa, turn on my Vizio and watch the NCAA basketball tournament anyway, just like I've done ever since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I'll probably shake my head a few times...still not able to comprehend the fact my Wildcats aren't there...among the 64 best teams in the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment