Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rain, rain go away...



What's up with all this rain?

It is the last day of February here in the Old Pueblo and it is still raining. I know we are spoiled, but this is bordering on ridiculous. We all have things to do. For instance, I've hit the baseball field five times this year, normally our old-timers' team would have at least 25 games on the books by now. We can only hope the days in March will be better. I'm starting to get cabin fever. I guess I shouldn't complain, the residents on the East Coast will spend the next two months shoveling snow off their driveways. It'll take them three months to find a ball field, much less play on one.

All kidding aside, it could be worse. I even tried to play golf with some buddies down in Benson last week at the San Pedro Golf Course. Instead of teeing off in 72-degree weather, the temperature gauge showed a cool 27 degrees.

Spring training gets underway in just four days. Rain, rain go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment