Sunday, February 14, 2010

My 2010 World Golf Championships-Accenture prediction...



I went out on a limb earlier this month and predicted the Saints would come from behind in the second half behind some last-minute heroics from quarterback Drew Brees and capture the Super Bowl.

I predicted a 33-31 Saints' win.

So I was pretty close in my crystal-ball analysis as New Orleans, down 10-6 at the half, came back to knock off Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts, 31-17. So, I'm feeling pretty good about my 2010 forecasting abilities.

I guess I'll try another. I'm ready to pick a winner for this year's World Golf Champions-Accenture. With Tiger out and Lefty out, the title is up for grabs and all 64 competitors have a shot at winning the prestigious event. But I'm putting my money on a 20-year-old from Northern Ireland.

Rory McIlroy just may be gutsy enough to pull it off. He has Tiger-like skills and loves the match play set up. And while I'm at it, let's pick a final four. I'll go with Jim Furyk (because he's a former Wildcat), Steve Striker (because he's the top seed and I just downright like the guy) and for my long shot, I'll go with Angel Cabrera, because I just love his bullish style of play. Of course, all four could lose on the first day and high tail it out of town. But that's the nature of the Accenture. So guys, let's tee it up and see who will be the last man standing.

WGC-Accenture Update: Well, I'm half right so far. Striker out. Cabrera out. Rory McIlroy and Furyk survive the first day of play. McIlroy took out Kevin Na in the first round and takes on Owen Wilson today. while Furyk ousted Scott Verplank yesterday and goes up against Charl Schwartzel today. Let's see if my two picks can reach the sweet sixteen.

WGC-Accenture Update: My picks are gone. Furyk bows out as does McIlroy. All the top seeds are gone as well. Go figure! Sixteen left. I wonder if the remaining golfers will set back and watch the Tiger sighting in the morning before they tee it up in Marana?

No comments:

Post a Comment