Thursday, November 26, 2020

Like a Rock

 From the desk of Dan Price


Lately I've been into Bob Seger songs. After all, it stand to reason. We're both the same age.

There's a lot of singers I can relate to. On my YouTube channel my playlist is filled with some of my favorites. Some country...some rock, a heck of a lot of blues and of course the music from the 60s from not only Seger, but just about any artist who can take me away from it all for three minutes at a time.

George Jones could do it. Of course, he is gone now.

Seger can certainly get me thinking back...back to where it all began. Like a Rock, Turn the Page and Against the Wind are songs I never get tired of listening to.

I'm not sure I was ever a rock. If I ever was, I certainly have enough chips on my torso to prove, that if anything, I was a fragile one. I've certainly turned my share of pages and I know for a fact that I've been against the wind for a good portion of my life. Fortunately, I'm 75 now and no longer run anywhere, except maybe to first base if I ever get a hit on my 60-and-over Tucson Old Timers team.

My teammates keep me grounded when they say: "You call that running!"

Alan Jackson is another one of those singers who can take me back in time. One song in particular is  entitled: Remember When. I certainly remember when and the way 2020 is ending, you might as well put me on a train and throw on some coals. Oops! Showing my age again and please don't get me starting on Merle Haggard.

So it was off to the Apple store. Not! Can't get in. The store was more crowded than the last Arizona Cardinals game. At Best Buy, I couldn't find anyone to talk to. Or, maybe I couldn't hear the clerk or the clerk couldn't hear me with our masks and all. So, on to Costco. With my mask in place, I was in and out of there in 15 minutes with a brand spanking new pair of Apple AirPods Pro.

No more old-fashioned ear phones for me (see photo below).




No comments:

Post a Comment