Saturday, February 22, 2014

Those golf pros make it look easy!



2014 WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship





Thanks to my son, Michael, I had an up close and personal view of the third round of the 2014 WGC- Accenture Match Play Championship on Friday at Dove Mountain.

My son had the freebies!

We witnessed all eight matches as each duo sauntered up to the 13th hole. We had front row seats inside the infamous Walter Hagen Club. In they came. Ernie Els, Graeme McDowell, Jim Furyk, Rickie Fowler, Sergio Garcia, Bubba Watson, Jason Day, Matt Kuchar, Jordan Spieth, Harris English, Hunter Mahan, Louis Oosthuizen,  George Coetzee, Webb Simpson, Jason Dufner and the Frenchman, Victor Dubuisson -- the 16 survivors from Day 2.

Boy! They all make it look so easy.

The 13th hole is a Par 5 and time and time again the pros above were reaching the green in just two shots. Amazing! Heck, I'd be out there wrestling with the cacti for the first five or six swings…and just maybe I could finish the hole with a scrambling 12!

As I sipped on a $7.50 glass of beer, I watched Bubba miss an eagle putt by inches. I sat quietly as the Big Easy stood over his putt and looked on in awe as the youngster Rickie Fowler rolled in a par-saving putt.

They are all so good!

It makes me want to hit the links. Maybe I'll go over to Fred Enke next week and see if I can knock a few holes into a tall Saguaro!

Photos: 1) Sergio Garcia on the practice range at the Accenture on Day 3. 2) Graeme McDowell unleashes one prior to his starting time on Day 3. 3) Our view of the 13th hole from inside the infamous Walter Hagen Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment