Tuesday, January 3, 2012

War Horse




Most of my readers are old war horses, especially the members of the Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) baseball club. They, including me, have been around a while. And most of us, when we're not playing ball at Udall Park, are looking for things to do in our spare time. My outlet, aside from baseball, are movies -- good movies that stir my insides. I've shed a tear at many a flick, but I must add that over the years it hasn't taken much to get my juices flowing. Heck, I've had tears flowing at Lassie movies for goodness sake. Even a good McDonald's commercial, like the one years ago with the old couple holding hands gets me.

Being macho, I try my best not to let anyone in the movie theater see my emotional outcry. The one movie director that gets me every time is Steven Spielberg. And he's done it again with his latest flick, War Horse. Guys, it is a must see. It is so good, I'm not going to go into any details or release any tidbits about the film. Just get in your car, pay the super senior price for a ticket and head into the theater. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment