Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let the insanity begin...



Let the insanity begin. Arizona State vs. Arizona. It is almost noon...six hours from kickoff at Arizona Stadium, and yet another meeting with the Sun Devils. Parking will be hard to find, the tail gates will be in full swing, the roar of the crowd will commence an hour earlier than normal, and a few minutes before the clock in the stadium strikes six o'clock, the players will hit the field.

And here I sit...at home. I've decided to stay planted, put my feet up on the coffee table and catch every minute on my Vizio. I must be getting old. I still will be on the edge of my seat as I cheer on my Wildcats. This one could turn out to be a dandy. The Wildcats are averaging 450 yards a game and the Sun Devils not too far behind at 429 yards a contest. There's a lot more on the line for the Wildcats in this one: an 8-4 overall record, third place in the Pac-10...and a bid to the Alamo Bowl. Let's forget the field goals in this one. Arizona wins it 35-14.

Wildcats Update: Wrong again! Kicking game turns out to be the big story. Wildcats lose fourth in a row. A frustrating end to the regular season. ASU 30, Arizona 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment