Friday, November 20, 2009

Bookemdanosports reaches 100...

Bookemdanosports became a blogspot on July 19, 2009---four months ago.

My better half, Sue Crain, and yours truly, were enjoying a weekend in Greer, Arizona at the Amberian Peak Lodge (a beautiful place for a weekend getaway...by the way). I did relax, believe it or not, but I was still up bright and early every morning and I, of course, went right to my trusty old laptop.

I've been banging out sports-related articles ever since--most of them centered around the 50-and-over athlete who still plays sports for the love of the game. Sometimes, I've been known to get carried away after two cups of java, and I've unleashed a thought-provoking story or two. But basically, I center on the older athlete who does extraordinary things on and off the field of play.

Today's addition marks my 100th story and I hope, God willing and the creeks don't run dry, to continue the streak. It's good therapy for me and I hope you all get a kick out of my daily offerings.

Sometimes, I'll dig around and locate an old athlete from the 1960s,1970s and report on what he or she is up to, and I'll follow the Arizona Wildcats of course with my In the Stands Report, so for all my readers, hang with me, and we'll continue this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment