Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Where is this country going?

 

As I said in a previous post, there's a storm brewing in our city and it has nothing to do with the summer monsoons.

This can't be the natural progression of things in our city...in our country.

One more rent increase, one more home in town priced to the hilt and soon to become affordable to that one percent that all the TV networks constantly talk about. 

At least I'm assuming they (the media bigs) are still analyzing, documenting such stories on a daily basis, or are they?

I don't watch the news anymore. I'm fibbing. It takes only a glimpse to get the idea where we are heading.

Of course I look and then go about my business doing nothing. I'm part of the problem. Give me a break I'm a sportswriter for goodness sake.  I live in the world of sports where dreams are made of...where someone gets five hundred thousand dollars for fouling off a pitch...and makes millions for one season batting under the Mendoza line. 

Maybe a change isn't coming, so let's pass it on to the powers-to-be in 2024, 2028 and 2032 to decide, or more realistically, not decide. Pretty soon there will be no grocery carts left to use...and that, of course, would only come in to play if there was a normal human being out there who could afford to buy groceries in the first place.

The word is out us seniors may get a big increase in social security in 2023. There's also a rumor floating around that the system will be revamped. Whatever that means! I guess I may have to watch the news from time to time and see how all this plays out.

But for now, I need to find a television and see if Aaron Judge can reach 62 home runs this season.

Now how much is that a pitch again? I forget. Of course, I'm an old-timer and being forgetful is understandable. Which, in some circles they say is the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment