Sunday, December 3, 2017

It's Miller time...


Arizona Wildcats Basketball

It's Miller time...

A fan's perspective...


It's hard to believe doubters still claw their way out from under the hardwood floor at McKale Center when it comes to rehashing the coaching ability of Arizona coach Sean Miller.

The man knows his stuff. By the end of the season, chances are things will surface as to what, if anything, Miller didn't know about his own program. The Book Richardson saga will continue to cloud the fact that Miller is an exceptional coach.

Watching Miller perform on the sidelines is worth the admission. Watching his young athletes progress is priceless, despite the fact I need a Miller Lite or two and a couple hours to unwind after each and every game.

2 comments:

  1. Danny, I love following you in baseball and what I get to read now and again. Since Coach Miller has been here, how many zones have you seen him play? Why does every other program use them from time to time? Would you play a baseball game with no right fielder just because you didn't like to be like everyone else..or because you were a high school baseball coach grooming kids for pro ball if pro ball did not play a right fielder? How often do we penetrate and dish..compared to how often do we throw up brick after brick rather than to work the ball inside? How often do we keep other teams from penetrating? Watch Lute's teams scramble for loose balls and take charges and move the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ken. I do agree with your comment on the blog. I get off track some times because I'm such a diehard Arizona fan in all sports. It seems like they do go iniside and then out...or try to, but not nearly enough. My unfriendly rim take on it all is just my diehard fan side frustrated at the shots which will not fall away from home.This year, why we can't feed Ayton and let him get the job done -- either score or dish out 80 percent of time....it seems like a hold-your-breath scenario when you ask Ristic to do the same. Not the best time to be a diehard Arizona fan, but I try to stay positive. I guess we can't have a Jerry Kindall or an Andy Lopez cloned for all U of A coaching positions. I'm shaking my head right now and admit I simply don't have any answers to any of it. I love sports -- especially when it comes to the Wildcats. I coached a middle school girls' softball team a few years back and I couldn't even handle that. I admire the fire in Miller as a coach and a cringe a bit at a Stoops and a Rodriquez on the sideline.

    ReplyDelete