Monday, May 30, 2011

Super Seniors to lock horns at Udall Park



The Tucson Aces will play host to the Old Pueblo Baseball Club tomorrow morning at Udall Park.

Both rosters include players who are 60-and-over and a few who are 70-and-over. The starting pitchers -- Ron Petersen for the Aces and Doug Mullins for the OP Club -- are both 65 and can throw the old cowhide at speeds close to their age! I, of course, as a member of the Aces, will return to the ball field, after a two-month layoff. I hope to get the bat on the ball tomorrow. I'm a little rusty, but I'm looking forward to playing, once again, with my teammates and against many of my friends on the OP team (many of them are former Men's Senior Baseball League 2010 World Series teammates). It should be fun. I'll post the results tomorrow afternoon.

Super Senior Baseball Update: The Tucson Aces and the Old Pueblo Club finish in a 12-12 tie today at Tucson Udall Park. I had an okay day at third base with three tough plays and ended up pitching the final four innings, allowing four unearned runs, with a strike out, a couple of walks and one hit batsman. Not too bad for my first week back. Knees hurt a little, but I'm ready for the rest of the week with games Wednesday and Friday with the TOTS.

Next Aces' game: June 7, against the Arizona Rattlers at Mission Manor.

No comments:

Post a Comment