Friday, May 7, 2010

Kidney Stones are No Fun continued...



As I was saying. Kidney stones are no fun.

So, after my first visit to the ER, I decided to pay them another visit. This time someone listened and instead of being sent home, I finally got my wish and received an admission slip to a room with a view at the Tucson Medical Center (TMC).

Twenty-four hours later I was finally on the operating table. An hour and a half later the urologist blasted away a 7mm, very stubborn kidney stone and after a week of severe pain, which included vomiting, a fever, one ambulance ride, two emergency rooms, and a loss of about ten pounds, I finally have my life back. The cost: a cool $7,000 and some change. Some say, getting a kidney stone is the luck of the draw and most people say it is the lack of water we have in our systems. I have a history of not drinking a lot of water on a daily basis, but I will now!

I can't imagine going through that pain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment