Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jack's got the best seat in the house...



Jack Nicholson is my favorite actor.

From Five Easy Pieces, to Chinatown, to As good as it Gets, you name the film, it is one after another for as long as I can remember. I never get tired of that devilish smile and those on-the-screen tirades he's known for. If there's a new Nicholson flick out, chances are I'll be the first at the box office to purchase a ticket. But what I really envy about Mr. Nicholson, is not his acting or the million-plus he garners for a film, instead: It is that ringside seat of his at the LA Laker games. Talk about a prime piece of real estate!

Unfortunately, I had to witness the Lakers dismantle my Suns last night and I have to admit I could have done without Jack's sideline smile, along with the other 19,000 in attendance at Staples Center. I'm proud of the Suns and their postseason run, but the sun is finally setting on the team from Phoenix and without a rally by the Suns in the next two games, it is unlikely we'll see ole Jack and Staples Center on May 27 or May 31.

And furthermore, it is looking more and more like a Boston-LA series for the NBA title.

Of course, Jack will be there, smilin' from ear to ear. You go Jack. But when Koby and Company knock off the Celtics, please Jack, make a new movie filled with some laughs. I need something to cheer about this summer. My Suns are going down. My Diamondbacks are in the cellar. The UofA women's softball team may be forced to compete in the NCAA postseason playoffs without their top two hurlers. The Wildcats' baseball team is on the verge of elimination from postseason. Tiger Woods is faltering. John Daly can't putt. My favorite teams and players are tanking.

As for you Jack, keep on smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment