Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Talk about climbing a mountain....



I read a story in the local paper this morning. It was a crazy story about a marathon scheduled for October this year in Tucson, which will start at the base of Mount Lemmon and end 26.2 miles later at the village in Summerhaven.

That's 26 miles and a thousand or so agonizing steps straight up the highway. My goodness, are you kidding me? I better start training now, so I can be ready. Just kidding. No way! I had to shake my head as I continued to read the article. The powers-to-be behind the run (or should I call the run a mountain retreat, because that will certainly be the case for many runners) will put a cap on the entrants, limiting the race to 2,500 runners. Are you kidding me? How could you find 25 people crazy enough to run up that mountain. I guess I'm getting old. I guess it can be done.

On second thought, maybe I could do it. If I were to use my senior pass and stay overnight at a couple of campsites along the way, I just might make it in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment