Friday, August 7, 2009

Really playing for pizza...



Let's go back just seven years, which is unusual for me in this forum, but there's something I want you to check out.

In 2002, University of Arizona quarterback Jason Johnson threw for 3,327 yard in his final season as a Wildcat. Johnson recorded 17 touchdowns and most of his passes went to Bobby Wade. As an added note, Willie Tuitama amassed 3,093 yards in 2008 and 23 touchdowns in his senior season as the Arizona quarterback.

Getting back to Johnson, I recall a game against UNLV in September of 2001 when Johnson, in front of 47,000 screaming fans tossed three touchdown passes to Wade in a wild 38-21 Wildcats victory. Johnson was invited to the Buffalo Bills training camp in 2003 and I lost track of him after that...until now. I was blogging away the other day and came across Johnson's blog. He is now in Italy playing football. I recently read John Grisham's novel, Playing for Pizza, a fiction novel which depicts a quarterback (Ric Dockery) who is shuffled from the NFL to Italy and ends up playing for pizza. Johnson, on the other hand, is doing it for real and he documents his exploits in the blog,"Really playing for pizza".

So, for all my readers, especially you old timers, I'll make this as easy as possible. Go to: View My Complete Profile on the right side of my blog, click on it and it'll take you to my favorite blogs. Scroll down to Really Playing For Pizza...click on it. And have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment