Saturday, November 18, 2023

Whoever said you can't go back in time, was wrong!

 My 60th Tucson Catalina High School Reunion

The Class of 1963

Last night was Day 1 of a three-day extravaganza celebrating my high school's 60th reunion. Yes, it's easy to calculate most of our ages- we are all the same age!

Last night, there was a four-hour get-together at El Molinito's on Tanque Verde Road to get the ball rolling, and for a brief moment, it was 1963.

Sixty years have passed, but my classmates are as young as ever. With the president of our senior class, George Cunningham, heading up the events, we are indeed in good hands for the next three days.

Below are just a few photos of his helpers who gave their all to get the party started. I plan to grab more photos tonight at the Tucson Country Club during dinner and a picnic at Fort Lowell Park on Sunday.

I, for one, want to go back in time. It turned out to be one of the best times of my life. I began an on-and-off again writing career thanks to my advisor on The Trumpeter, John G. Carlton. He directed many young men and women on our award-winning high school weekly and taught them how to put a balanced story together for the world to see. Boy, how times have changed in the year 2023.




Stay tuned for more...on the characters above.

From the desk of Dan Price, the CHS class of 1963


The above is different from my usual sports stories. But it's my top weekend story- and it's a doozy!

I can't wait to go back in time tonight. It's a doubleheader weekend for me: my Arizona Wildcats take on Utah at Arizona Stadium at High Noon, and then it is off to Day 2 of my 60th reunion!


No comments:

Post a Comment