Saturday, February 19, 2022

The Senior Center --- Zorro had it right

 From Bookemdano's Senior Center


There's only music to my ears these days...

After all, I'm in a super duper middle-age crisis.

My first crisis probably occurred when I was in my forties, some thirty-five years ago when I went to work at the airport in Sacramento, California and was told to go home.

My airline I had given all my adult life to, up to that point, had folded up. Deregulation, poor company decisions and greed from others -- the big Kahuna's of the industry -- decided to take charge of my life. 

I'm not sure I recovered from that fateful day on a cold October morning in 1986.

But fast forward to 2022 and after many, many more middle-age crises, I (make that...we seniors) are trying to keep our chin up, under a mask no less.

Zorro had it right. Mask up and hi-ho silver. Whoops! Getting my television heroes from yesteryear mixed up. Zorro and the Lone Ranger could right all wrongs in thirty minutes. We have no heroes to lead us now.

Maybe Tobey Mcguire and he's even out of touch with the current chaos that has engulfed us all. There are all kinds of Spider Men out there and not many seniors are flocking to the theaters these days to find out who is who in the spider world.

One thing is for sure in real time, the world has woven into quite the Web!

The other day a nice masked lady advised me my rent was increasing 25 percent. Later in the day, a very pleasant store clerk handed me my gallon of milk. I could see, not really, but I could guess what she was saying to me under her mask. Her shift would end in 30 minutes and she would be taking home the same over-priced gallon of milk.

To all my readers out there, I still love you mask or no mask.

By the way, unmasked Guy Williams was Zorro and Clayton Moore was the Lone Ranger.

Maybe someday we'll all see each other...again.



No comments:

Post a Comment