Thursday, July 1, 2021

Awaiting the 76 Trombones




 When I claw my way out of bed in the morning, I'll be another year older and I'll await the sounds of seventy-six trombones. Luckily, I'll have no need to turn up the hearing aids. So far, I've avoided that particular disability.

Chances are the only music that'll filter through my noggin' is when I tune in the 60s channel later in the day tomorrow and listen to tunes from the 1960s as I glide around town in my Ford Mustang.

My mind is somewhere back in the 1960s, although my body tells me a different story.

The 1960s!

I'd go back in time, if I had the opportunity. Michael J. Fox, where are you?

I remember many, many years ago,  sitting on the hood of my car on top of A Mountain, eyeing the Tucson sunset behind me, followed by the twinkling of the city lights toward the east as night time appears across the valley. Fifty some sunrises have come and gone since I was a 21-year-old. A lot has happened.

I've lost my share of friends and relatives...and teammates. Being a senior citizen, allows you the time to reflect...remember...recall and covet what has come and gone.

There are still some sunrises and sunsets left to witness.

That alone is music to my ears.




No comments:

Post a Comment