Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Wooly Bully







I was out toolin' around in my Mustang this morning. Sometimes I take a right turn off Tanque Verde Road and take a spin through Woodland Road. It's like instantly leaving the City of Tucson and finding yourself in the midst of a Zoo, but a Zoo with huge acreages, beautiful Magnolia trees, elegant homes and yes plenty of animals to view, up close and personal.

So, as I slowly made my way east on Woodland, I came upon what I assume was a Texas Longhorn sunbathing against the fence, just a few feet from the road. What a bunch of BULL! I mean the horns on this baby were the length of my Mustang and then some.

I had my car radio on and appropriately the song Wooly Bully roared through my speakers. Suddenly, the 2,000-pound plus specimen was up on all fours and ready to dance. No, not really. The beautiful animal strolled away slowly, sorta like John Wayne used to do en route to a showdown with a gunslinger.

As I moseyed on down the road, I thought of the great  Harry Caray and the two words he popularized while announcing games for the Chicago Cubs. "Holy cow!"

Photos: The friend I met this morning during my travels.

1 comment:

  1. Harry did it first for the Cardinals before a fling with Mrs. Busch sent him to the White Sox before landing with the Cubs. What a steer!

    ReplyDelete