Saturday, February 24, 2018

Gazing off into the abyss


Arizona Wildcats Basketball


I'll watch the Arizona at Oregon basketball game tonight or will I?

Chances are I'll be gazing into the abyss. The game will be played. The players will rush up and down the court and chances are I'll hear only the screeching sound of ten pairs of basketball shoes making contact with the hardwood floor -- something I would normally take for granted.

I'll be staring into the abyss. My mind creating scenarios -- my mind creating terrible thoughts, like: daydreaming of a sign on the doors of McKale Center with the words printed in bright red colors: Closed Forever.

Can Arizona sports fall into a black hole and never return?

Of course not. We, the Arizona fans and all the future athletes to don a Wildcat uniform, will survive. It may no longer be Miller time, but we will survive.



No comments:

Post a Comment