Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Fantasy Draft


My fantasy football live draft could have gone better, but it could have been worse.

I was forced to draft a quarterback early. I wanted to pick up a couple of running backs in the first two rounds and then grab a quarterback, but it didn't work out that way. The good news: I picked Drew Brees (New Orleans). The bad news: I lost out on the likes of Adrian Peterson (MINN) and Marshawn Lynch (SEA), but I did get running backs DeMarco Murray (DAL) and Stevan Ridley (NE). As for wide receivers, well the top dogs got away, but I did obtain three receivers -- Marques Colston (NO), DeSean Jackson (PHI) and Antonio Brown (PIT).

I picked up Jermichael Finley (Green Bay) as my starting tight end and just because I wanted a player close to home, I added Rashard Mendenhall (ARIZ) to complete my starting offense. I added Dan Bailey (DAL) as my kicker and my two defenses (not the best) are Baltimore and the New York Giants. Those two maybe rotated each week (it'll be a real guessing game as to which one to go with).

My backup quarterback will be Eli Manning (NY Giants). As for the rest of the bench, nothing to write home about. Maybe I can do some trading down the road. For now, my bench includes Justin Blackmon (JAC), LaMichael James (SF), Jonathan Stewart (Carolina) and Mercedes Lewis (JAC).

Our 12-team fantasy league (UPC Hood Fantasy Football League) gets underway on Sept. 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment