Saturday, April 13, 2013

A hacker's dream


I had a dream last night. I was playing golf on a Tuesday morning at the Randolph Park Golf Course in midtown Tucson. I was playing in a foursome. We were slower than molasses, mainly due to the fact the foursome ahead of us was even slower.

On the very next hole, I hooked my drive and was forced to take a drop. I then hit an amazing shot...the first shot all day which actually bounced on the green and rolled to the cup.

A ranger and his golf cart, speeding at full throttle, intercepted me as I walked off the 18th tee. I was heading for the clubhouse and a cool one, anticipating on sitting down and penciling in my final score...my best 18-hole score in years.

"Sorry, Mr. Price," the ranger said. "You've been penalized one stroke for slow play and two strokes for an illegal drop."

I added up my score.

Instead of shooting a sizzling 98, I was assessed a 101.

I proceeded to order a round of drinks for me and my playing partners.

We raised our glasses and I said,"maybe next  time."

Tiger, I feel your pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment