Thursday, June 9, 2011

Grandson singles to right field at Colorado Senior All Star baseball game



(Denver, Colorado)... My grandson Daniel Price Jr., 18, picked out a curve ball and singled to right field in his first at bat at the Colorado 2A Senior All Star Game today at Machebeauf Field in Denver.

Price, started at third base for the East-West All Stars. Daniel didn't fare quite as well in his second at bat. "I was able to pick up the curve ball early the first time up," he said, following the game. "But, the second time up, I had two strikes on me and I swung and fouled the ball off, unfortunately, it was right into the catcher's mitt."

Daniel and the East-West All Stars cruised to an easy 11-0 win over the North-South All Stars. "It was a great experience," Daniel said. "I think there were a few scouts in the stands." All in all, not a bad way to end his high school career. Daniel, was all smiles as he headed back down Interstate-70, with his family, en route to his home in Parachute, Colorado -- a three hour drive, west of Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment