Tuesday, December 21, 2021

The first day of winter/2021

 The first day of winter/2021



Welcome to winter along the Western Slope. My friends are back this morning. I never get tired of

watching these creatures roam -- up close and personal.

A clear sky and a current temperature of 24 degrees, heading for a high of 40 today.

That's my morning weather report -- just four days away from Christmas. It may stay warm -- warm as in too warm for a big snow fall. The mountains will get plenty. The skiers will be happy.  The slopes will be full of young people, scurrying to the top to await their downhill experience.

At 76, I must stay clear of such danger. Too bad. I've ordered some new feet through Amazon. But the waiting list is long. Now struggling with my share of pain with arthritis-related injuries of  one form or another, I'll never experience such excitement -- unless a family member straps me to a board and lets me fly.

My aging heart would be stunned. "Hey, Dude! What are you doing?" There's always a time to dance, but rolling downhill with my snowboard stuck in the snow, back at the starting gate, seems a little much for this old timer. To all my friends and readers out there: Enjoy the first day of winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment