Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A "B" Draft for my fantasy football team, Team Priceless


UPC Hood Fantasy Football League

Team Priceless


I'm back for another try at Fantasy Football. I received a "B" grade on my draft last Sunday and my Team Priceless will head into the first week of the NFL season with a 50-50 chance of making it to the playoffs in the 10-team UPC Hood Fantasy Football League.

Of course, I open Week 1 up against a team with an "A" draft and my opponent has Carolina quarterback Cam Newton, New York Giants' wide-receiver Odell Beckham Jr., and running back Matt Forte, who has moved on from the Chicago Bears to the New York Jets.

In my draft, I focused on running backs and a quarterback this year. I ended up with Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and two quality running backs (they still need to produce, of course) -- Adrian Peterson of Minnesota and Houston's Lamar Miller. Of course, by focusing on a quarterback and running backs, I lost out on the top wide receivers, although I did manage to pick up Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald, Eric Decker of the New York Jets and Seattle's Doug Baldwin. I also selected the Arizona defense, the kicker from Seattle, Steven Hauschka, and a tight end from Philadelphia, Zach Ertz.

My bench includes: a second quarterback in Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger and a few substitute wide receivers -- Tyler Lockett (Seattle), Corey Coleman (Cleveland) and Travis Benjamin from San Diego. I added two running backs -- Tevin Coleman (Atlanta) and San Diego's Danny Woodhead as backups.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment